January 16, 2022
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Mirror Image
1 John 4:11
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
1 John 3:16
By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
Our responsibility to love sincerely never ends, no matter what
II. Reflect His Glory
1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
1 John 3:17
17 But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? 18 Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
Our love is a reflection of God’s grace to the world
- I confess Jesus as my King and submit to His authority.
- I seek forgiveness for holding a grudge and will seek to reconcile.
- I commit to express sincere love to my neighbor this week.
- Is there ever a time when we can stop loving and really give someone what we think they deserve?
- Read John 13:33-35 and discuss the significance of the love that we share with others.
- Does your love for others accurately reflect God’s love? If not, what can you change?
- Do you struggle to trust a person who makes a promise? Why or why not?
- Why do many struggle to doubt their faith and fear having lost their salvation?
- Read Romans 8:16 and discuss the Holy Spirit’s role to give us assurance of our faith.