January 23, 2022
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. A Reassuring Inheritance
1 John 4:13
By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
1 John 3:24
Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
Our assurance of faith is a gift of His grace and not based on our goodness
II. An Indwelt Mandate
1 John 4:14
And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.
Since we are witnesses of God’s grace we can carry hope to the world
- I confess faith in Jesus as my Savior and King for the first time.
- I claim victory over doubt and thank the Spirit for securing my salvation.
- I commit to testify of God’s grace to my friends and family this week.
- Read 1 John 3:24 and discuss the Holy Spirit’s role to give us assurance of our faith.
- Have you ever doubted your faith? Share this experience with someone.
- Read 1 John 4:13-14 and discuss how the evidence of our experience and the presence of the Holy Spirit impacts our assurance of faith.
- When did you confess Jesus as your King? Share your personal story of faith.
- Read 1 Corinthians 1:9 and share a personal experience of genuine fellowship with God.
- Read John 17:26. How does this prayer of Jesus reinforce His love for us?