January 2, 2022
Pastor Ricky Smith
A heart of love works to communicate love in a language the other can understand
1. Family Foundation
1 John 4:7a
2. Family Resemblance
1 John 4:7b
let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
3. Family DNA Test
1 John 4:8
Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- I desire to be a part of God’s family and confess my sin and turn to Jesus as my King.
- I desire to be part of this local church family and would like information about membership.
- I commit to show love in my words and actions this week.
- Read John 3:16 and discuss how God’s actions demonstrate His love for humanity.
- Is anyone who shows love automatically a Christian? What does Romans 10:5-13 teach is the way to be made new?
- Compare and contrast 1 John 2:19 and 1 John 4:7-8.
- Read Romans 5:6-7. Is God’s love for us related to our love for Him?
- How does John 3:16 connect to John 4:9-10?
- How is Jesus’ death on the cross an expression of love?