A Mother’s Role in the Family
A mother is vital to the health of a family. She plays a very important role in leading her children and family to God.
A mother should show her family what Jesus like
Moms represent Jesus to their families. Does a women’s ability to serve her family make her less valuable in the family? Is it harder to serve or be served? A wife that submits to her husband is demonstrating her strength as she leads from the rear. It is a demonstration of ones strength to place oneself under the authority of an equal.
A mother should submit her family to Jesus
No one knows what it means to sacrifice and submit like a mother. A Godly mother sacrifices for the family, putting the family needs above their own. We know that everything in life comes with a cost. What is the cost of a mom to work outside the home? Is the cost worth it?
A mother should steer her family to Jesus.
God wants mothers to have the heart of Jesus, so they can place the heart of Jesus in their children. When you put your children in Jesus’ hands you don’t have to worry. He is a sovereign God.
Now it’s Your Turn
Think about these questions and discuss in the comments below:
1. Why did God give mothers the responsibility to submit in the family?
2. Rearing young children can take every second of a mother’s day. How does a mother lover her family and not lose herself in the process?
3. Since all children are a gift from God, and belong to God, how does a mother give her children back to God today, like Hannah did at the tabernacle?
4. Read Mary’s Prayer in Luke 1:46-55: How is God’s might and power displayed through child bearing?
5. Whether you have children or not, what influence for Jesus are you having on your family?