November 13, 2022
Pastor Ricky Smith
- A Portable Connection
Now Moses used to take the tent and pitch it outside the camp, far off from the camp, and he called it the tent of meeting. And everyone who sought the Lord would go out to the tent of meeting, which was outside the camp.
- A Planned Connection
Whenever Moses went out to the tent, all the people would rise up, and each would stand at his tent door, and watch Moses until he had gone into the tent. When Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent, and the Lord would speak with Moses.
- A Powerful Connection
And when all the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance of the tent, all the people would rise up and worship, each at his tent door.
You cannot give what you do not possess
- A Personal Connection
Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. When Moses turned again into the camp, his assistant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent.
The same God who met privately with Moses, desires to have a relationship with you!
- I confess my sin and turn to Jesus as King for the first time.
- I commit to pray for God to move me rather than praying to move God.
- I will consistently meet with God in Scripture for Him to shape my heart.
- What is your current practice and discipline in spending time with the Lord? Have you developed any “personal tips” that work for you that the group may benefit from?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:15 and discuss Biblical reasons for connection with God.
- What drives you to spend time with God, and what distracts you from having that planned connection?
- Describe a time when you were given a “do-over.” Do you appreciate a second chance?
- Do you think it was fair for God to give Israel a second chance in Exodus 34?
- Read Exodus 34:6-8. What does God’s nature teach us about the value of a second chance?