The word that has been given to our staff as a challenge for this year is Intentional. How can we become more intentional in our disciple making, ministry, and future? We celebrate what God has done during a very unusual 2020. In the midst of disarray, we have accomplished the overwhelming majority of our goals. We now stand poised for growth and maturity, as God leads and provides.
Now we step into a new year, and we do so with expectation for God to continue leading His church into what He has planned for us. To provide some direction and scope, here are some goals that we have been planning for 2021 and even beyond for you to review:
INTENTIONAL DISCIPLE MAKING
- Begin a strategic partnership with Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Develop leaders through an Institute program that offers online and in-person certificate programs in biblical studies, apologetics, leadership, and more.
- Offer seminary-level courses for credit through the EQUIP program from Southeastern.
- Develop a plan to birth a new ministry in 2022: The College at Calvary
- Celebrate personal Bible study for everyone by assisting in Bible selection and study skills.
- Multiply our LifeGroups by adding three new groups
INTENTIONAL RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Redesign our “First Impressions” ministry with better signage, experience, volunteer staff, and assimilation strategy.
- Promote church unity and relationships through in-home fellowships.
- Create a Sunday morning coffee shop experience in Hightower Hall to foster community.
INTENTIONAL VISION PLANNING
- Engage with a successful consultant to guide in creating a formative disciple-making culture.
- Begin a Strategic Planning Task Force to develop plans for future growth and development.
INTENTIONAL FAMILY MINISTRY
- Launch a new men’s ministry to encourage the exercise of faith in everyday interactions.
- Develop a Women’s Mentoring Program.
- Equip and celebrate the routine of family worship.
INTENTIONAL DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT
- Create digital content that is on-demand for personal growth.
- Enhance our online worship for a streamlined chat and simplified engagement.
- Host multiple weekly online worship services.
- Revitalize Calvary Crusade by repurposing sermon series for book writing.
INTENTIONAL STAFF DEVELOPMENT
- Start to provide retirement benefits plans for all church employees.
- Initiate a Pastoral Wellness plan for the health and education of our pastors.
INTENTIONAL FACILITY UPGRADES (ESTIMATED COST: $325,000)
Due to heavy usage our campus and worship center are in need of some updating. The following items are non-budgeted and could be completed as estimated funds are raised:
- Repave the main parking lot and update traffic patterns this spring. Est. $75,000.
- Celebrate the grand opening of our new Hub for students with furnishings. Est. $50,000.
- Renovate the Worship Center, Welcome Center, and Hightower Hall with new flooring, paint, and relocate the sound booth to the floor for improved engineering. Est. $150,000.
- Upgrade Worship projection to LED Wall. Est. $35,000.
- Continue Calvary Kid’s World space enhancements. Est. $15,000.