May 7, 2023
Pastor Alan Smith
I. So close, yet so far away
You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? This persuasion is not from him who calls you.
Obedience to the Gospel is required
II. A Small Change Has Great Consequences
A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
Our life is not made of compartments
III. Stay the course
I have confidence in the Lord that you will take no other view, and the one who is troubling you will bear the penalty, whoever he is. But if I, brothers, still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed. I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves!
The Gospel is All or Nothing
- Today, I want to place my faith in Christ and live by faith.
- I have been hindered from obeying the truth of the Gospel, and today, I commit to live by faith.
- I commit to sharing the hope of Jesus with someone this week.
- Read Exodus 12:19-20 and Galatians 5:9. What is the connection of this saying Paul is using and Leaven?
- According to Galatians 5:7-12, how much of a deviation from the Gospel is too much? Why?
- Read Galatians 3:10-14 and compare it to Galatians 5:7-12. How are they similar? What is Paul communicating to the church?
- How do many in our culture define “freedom”?
- What does it mean to be set free by Christ?
- Read Galatians 5:13-18 and compare your thoughts on freedom with what Paul writes.