February 11, 2024
Pastor Ricky Smith
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
I. Die to Live
To live the perfect life you have to die.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
II. Death to Life
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
III. Live to Die
We Live Only to Live for Our Christ. We Die Only to See Our Christ.
- I confess my sin and turn to Jesus as King for the first time.
- I choose to surrender all to Jesus today.
- I commit to be intentional to carry hope to a friend who is hurting.
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17. Describe the difference Jesus has made in your life.
- How can Christ give us confidence and purpose to face trials?
- Do you allow Christ to influence every part of your life? Why or why not?
- Do we generally make decisions based on our preferences or the preferences of others?
- Read Philippians 1:21-26. How was Paul demonstrating a concern for others more than himself?
- How does this tension reveal a focus on fulfilling God’s mission?