January 28, 2024
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Row The Boat
It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel.
We partner together for the mission of God.
II. Forged By Fire
For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,
III. Stay Faithful to the Mission
so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
We must be faithful to row the boat until Jesus returns.
- I confess my sin and turn to Jesus as King for the first time
- I commit to pray for others to grow in their faith.
- I choose to partner with this church family. Contact me about membership.
- Why does church membership matter?
- Why do you choose to be a part of Calvary, or what is keeping you from membership?
- Read Philippians 1:7 and discuss what Gospel partnership involves.
- What is an obstacle in your life that turned into an opportunity to grow or help others?
- Read Philippians 1:12-20. How is comparison a trap?
- How can we be focused on the Gospel advancing more than our own agenda?