January 10, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”
I. Demonstrate God In Our Home
Warnings About Obedience
1. Demanding is not the same as deserving
2. Obedience is a tribute and a trap
Modeling Christ is how we can carry hope
II. Deliver Long Term Care
III. Delight Comes From Obedience
Sin always robs us; obedience always enriches us.
- I confess that I need to trust my life to Jesus as my King
- I commit to honor my parents this week.
- I choose to carry hope by elevating God’s Word in my home.
- How does our view of Scripture impact our family dynamics?
- Read 1 Timothy 3:1-5 and discuss how culture negatively impacts our relationships.
- How can obedience enrich our life and relationships?
- Share some of the best life advice you’ve ever been given and discuss why it is important to listen to wise counsel.
- Psalm 78:5 points to God’s faithful works. Share some blessings of how God has worked and provided in your family.
- What role can godly mentors play in our faith development?