January 2, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. A Picture of Relational Unity
submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Push the other to grow more than me
II. Walk in Wisdom
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
A. Understand God’s will
B. Be filled with the Spirit
C. Live in harmony
D. Thank God in every situation
Joshua said, “Now, therefore, fear the Lord and serve him wholeheartedly and faithfully. Remove the gods that your fathers served in the region across the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But if you see no benefit in serving the Lord, then choose for yourselves today whomever you will serve—whether the gods that your fathers served beyond the River or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household—we will serve the Lord!”
Keeping Jesus first in our home takes intentional effort
- I choose to submit my life to Jesus and call Him Savior and King.
- We commit to honor Jesus first in our home through regular family worship.
- We will walk in harmony with intentional communication.
- Read Ephesians 5:21 and discuss how putting others first strengthens relationships.
- What are some ideals in our culture that compete with biblical values?
- Discuss intentional actions in your home that can prioritize Jesus being first.
- How does our family interaction impact our ability to carry hope to the world?
- Why is it important that we honor our parents, even when we are adults?
- How do sinful acts rob us of our joy?