July 17, 2022
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Load Up and Move Out
They set out from Elim, and all the congregation of the people of Israel came to the wilderness of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after they had departed from the land of Egypt.
God refines our faith as we endure pain
II. Memory Loss
And the whole congregation of the people of Israel grumbled against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness, and the people of Israel said to them, “Would that we had died by the hand of the Lord in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the meat pots and ate bread to the full, for you have brought us out into this wilderness to kill this whole assembly with hunger.”
Worry is the fruit of forgetfulness
- Remember His deeds by writing them down and journaling
- Reject lies from the Enemy when we know he works to deceive
- Resist the temptation to engage in gossip and isolate our input influences
- Raise the flag of redemption as we carry hope to the world
- Recognize the mercy and patience of God
- I recognize the mercy of God and turn to Jesus as my King for the first time.
- I repent of gossip and complaining that erodes unity in my faith family.
- I commit to journaling the work of the Lord to strengthen my faith in the future.
- Read James 1:2-4 and discuss how trials mature our faith.
- Share a personal experience in your faith journey where an encounter with God led to growth.
- How has God shown patience when we doubt and even complain about His plan?
- What leads you to be grateful? Describe gratitude and some things you are grateful for.
- How do you balance being content with what you have and the desire to want more?
- Do you ever take God’s provision or blessings for granted? Share of a time when you’ve been convicted of doing this.