July 24, 2022
Pastor Frank Bowden
I. Look Up
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Behold, I am about to rain bread from heaven for you, and the people shall go out and gather a day’s portion every day, that I may test them, whether they will walk in my law or not. On the sixth day, when they prepare what they bring in, it will be twice as much as they gather daily.” So Moses and Aaron said to all the people of Israel, “At evening you shall know that it was the Lord who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and in the morning you shall see the glory of the Lord, because he has heard your grumbling against the Lord. For what are we, that you grumble against us?” And Moses said, “When the Lord gives you in the evening meat to eat and in the morning bread to the full, because the Lord has heard your grumbling that you grumble against him—what are we? Your grumbling is not against us but against the Lord.”
Don’t miss God’s provision by looking for a different package
II. No Leftovers Needed
Exodus 16:17 – 20
And the people of Israel did so. They gathered, some more, some less. But when they measured it with an omer, whoever gathered much had nothing left over, and whoever gathered little had no lack. Each of them gathered as much as he could eat. And Moses said to them, “Let no one leave any of it over till the morning.” But they did not listen to Moses. Some left part of it till the morning, and it bred worms and stank. And Moses was angry with them.
Behaviors of Destruction:
Jesus is Never Not Enough
- Today I understand Jesus as the Bread of Life and trust Him as Savior for the first time
- I repent of attitudes of distrust that distorts my faith in the Lord
- This week I will be bold in sharing what the Lord is doing in my life with others
- What does God’s continual provision to Israel, even during their grumbling, teach us about God’s character and His commitment to His people?
- As God provided for Israel, they played a role in that provision by gathering manna. How do you balance doing it all on your own versus simply receiving His blessing?
- This story is really a picture of Jesus, the Bread of Life. Describe the similarities and key differences from the manna God provided to the provision of His son Jesus.
- Who in the family is most likely to complain on a road trip? Why?
- Share a time that God has answered a specific prayer need.
- Read John 6:27 and discuss how we can better trust God in times of need.