October 3, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
By faith Jacob, when dying, blessed each of the sons of Joseph, bowing in worship over the head of his staff.
I. Not how you start but how you finish
YOU ARE NEVER TOO FAR GONE TO BE RESTORED
II. Not how you finish but how He is faithful
OUR SCARS CAN POINT OTHERS TO THE NAIL-SCARRED HANDS OF JESUS
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.
- I confess and repent of my sin to declare Jesus as my King for the first time.
- I commit to display my scars to point others to Jesus.
- I choose to finish well as I pass on my faith to the next generation.
- Share how God has used painful points in your life to help you grow and give Him glory.
- Read Genesis 32:22-32 and discuss God’s plan in Jacob’s pain.
- How can God’s working in our life impact the next generation?
- Share a personal story of how God has used your circumstances to help you mature in faith.
- Read Genesis 41:1-10 and observe how Joseph won favor with the cupbearer. Share a personal example of how you have won favor with others for the glory of God.
- How can our personal experiences benefit others to help them grow in faith and how do we keep the focus on God rather than ourselves?