August 29, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God. And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
When Enoch had lived 65 years, he fathered Methuselah. Enoch walked with God after he fathered Methuselah 300 years and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Enoch were 365 years. Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him.
I. Treasure Hunt
II. Treasure Map
III. Trust God
We must point to the treasure of faith that leads to a reward for eternity
that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
- I confess my sin and turn to God by faith that He sent Jesus to die instead of me.
- I commit to endure this faith journey and please God with the quality of time I walk with Him.
- I will point others to the treasure of faith through targeted Gospel conversations this week.
- Read Colossians 2:1-3 and discuss what it tells us about the treasure we find in Christ.
- Hebrews 11:5 tells us that Enoch had a reputation for following God. How can our life point others to Jesus?
- Share a few ways that God has proven Himself to you and what that tells us about His existence.
- Describe the most fearful you have ever been. Why were you afraid?
- Read Hebrews 11:7 and talk about Noah’s fear of God leading him to act fearlessly in building the ark.
- How can we encourage one another to be bold in our faith even when there are unknowns?