September 12, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Faith Obeys
By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.
Faith trusts with every step. Faith acts without full direction.
II. Faith Sojourns
By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God.
Crossing the finish line of life is an exercise of faith
III. Faith Reproduces
Second wind faith will cheer on the next generation
- I confess and repent of my sin and declare Jesus as my King for the first time.
- I confess that I have resisted God’s call on my life and today I submit to Him.
- I commit to cheer on the next generation with my time, talent, and treasure.
- Read Hebrews 11:9-10. How did Abraham demonstrate faith as a foreigner in a strange land?
- Read Jeremiah 29:10-14 and discuss how this compares to Abraham and our own journeys.
- How should Abraham’s legacy to Isaac and Jacob inspire our parenting and investment in the next generation?
- Read Romans 4:16-25 and discuss how Abraham and Sarah exercised faith.
- Why do we struggle to trust God when He doesn’t answer prayers how or when we prefer?
- Read Proverbs 3:5-6 and discuss how trusting God with every step can reveal His plan for our future.