November 14, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Race Strategy
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
A. Run in a Group – “surrounded by so great a cloud”
B. Keep It Simple – “lay aside every weight and sin”
C. Second Wind for His Race “run with endurance the race marked out”
Joy Is Found When We Follow
looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Because of Jesus, Joy Is Yours for the Taking
- I choose to follow Jesus as my King and repent of needing to be in control.
- I commit to set aside the sin habits that weigh me down and need accountability.
- I will engage with a group this week to take joy with others.
- Share an experience where you were joyful when you could have been defeated or sad? Where did this joy come from?
- Read John 5:30. How did Jesus model submission for us?
- Read Acts 5:40-42. Where do you think these leaders found joy even in persecution?
- What are some phrases your parents used growing up that you still use today?
- Read 1 Peter 1:14-16. How does our behavior impact our pursuit of holiness?
- How do relationships with other Christians positively influence our life?