December 19, 2021
Pastor Frank Bowden
Isaiah prophesied that Jesus would be…
the only person,
There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit.
with sufficient power,
And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
to accomplish God’s redemptive purpose.
And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear, but with righteousness he shall judge the poor, and decide with equity for the meek of the earth; and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall kill the wicked. Righteousness shall be the belt of his waist, and faithfulness the belt of his loins.
JESUS IS ABSOLUTELY AND GLORIOUSLY UNIQUE TO BRING PEACE ON EARTH & GOODWILL TO MEN
- Today, I put my hope and faith in Jesus as my Savior and Lord
- This week I commit to sharing my faith story with someone I know.
- Pray for me as I’m struggling with how I see myself fitting into God’s plan because of past or present circumstances.
- God chose David, the son of Jesse, to be Israel’s king and a direct ancestor of Jesus. Is that the choice you would have made? Why or why not?
- Why do we often get distracted by someone’s outward appearance as it relates to them serving the Lord? How can you better focus on their heart instead?
- Read Isaiah 11:2-3. How will this Kingdom and King be so different from previous kingdoms and kings? Why does that matter?
- Read Luke 2:8-16. If you were a shepherd, how would you have responded to the message of the angels?
- When the angels sang, “Glory to God in the highest”, how did they model true worship?
- The shepherds responded with curiosity to search for Jesus. What does this reveal about how others may respond to our genuine worship?