February 7, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. God Has Clearly Spoken
Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world
God has spoken, we have only to listen
II. Jesus Clarifies Truth
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.
- I admit I need Christ and believe He is the only way to have a relationship with God.
- I confess I’ve doubted God recently and choose to trust when He speaks.
- I commit to speak to others this week about what God has spoken and carry hope.
- The level of detail we read of Christ in Genesis 3 is different from what we read in Hebrews 1. What does this tell us about the grand story of the Bible?
- Read Hebrews 1:3-4 and discuss what we learn about the character of Jesus.
- If God has clearly spoken, why do we have a hard time listening?
- Read Psalm 95:6 and discuss the importance of worshiping the Lord?
- What are ways that we can worship the Lord?
- Is worship limited to just our time at church?