February 14, 2021
Pastor Alan Sinquefield
Hebrews 1:5-9 ESV
For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”? Or again, “I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son”? And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.” Of the angels he says, “He makes his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire.” But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”
Because of who Jesus is He is better than the angels.
I. Christ’s name makes him SUPERIOR
II. Angels SERVE the Son.
a. Angels bear God’s message to believers
You who received the law as delivered by angels and did not keep it.
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John.
b. Angels assist believers
c. Angels assist God in the final judgments on Earth
III. Jesus is better because He is UNCHANGING
- I commit to making Jesus my Lord and Savior.
- I will faithfully serve the Lord.
- I will put Christ above all aspects of my life.
- Read Ephesians 1:22-23. What has God placed below Jesus?
- How can you make sure that God is first in your life?
- How can you serve the Lord this week?
- How has your family changed over the past few years and what truth about life does that reinforce?
- Read Hebrews 10:10-12 and discuss the impact of Jesus being the same forever.
- What is the danger of us trusting in things that are temporary instead of Christ?