February 28, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Guard What Is Right
Hebrews 2:1 (ESV)
Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.
A. Diluted truth
B. Distracted focus
Avoid drifting by clinging to the Gospel
II. The Gospel Is Our Lifeline for Rescue
2 For since the message declared by angels proved to be reliable, and every transgression or disobedience received a just retribution, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard,
III. The Godhead Works to Draw Men Into Relationship
4 while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.
Never forget our dependency on the Gospel
- I choose to put my trust in Jesus as my Savior and King.
- I confess that I am a Christian but am drifting away from the Gospel.
- I commit to proclaim the truth of the Gospel this week.
- Read Romans 6:23 and discuss the consequences of our sin. Compare that Hebrews 2:2-3.
- Is it possible for a Christian to forget the Gospel? How could this happen?
- Share the story of when you put your trust in Jesus. What was the message of the Gospel that captured your heart?
- Share what your favorite verse in the Bible is, and why.
- Read Philippians 2:9-11 and discuss the importance of Jesus’ name.
- If Jesus has jurisdiction over all, why do we want to keep control over things for ourselves?