March 7, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
For it was not to angels that God subjected the world to come, of which we are speaking. It has been testified somewhere, “What is man, that you are mindful of him, or the son of man, that you care for him?
You made him for a little while lower than the angels; you have crowned him with glory and honor, putting everything in subjection under his feet.” Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control. At present, we do not yet see everything in subjection to him. But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
A. Clarity in the Word
Intentional focus on the Word of God will position us to clearly hear the voice of God
B. Demise of Humanity
Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
A. His Jurisdiction
B. Crowned as King
C. Conqueror of death
2 Timothy 2:11–12
The saying is trustworthy, for: If we have died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; if we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.
Clarity on the Word of God can help us to hold focus on Christ
- For the first time, I confess that Jesus is the King of my life.
- I commit to find clarity in God’s Word with slow and careful study.
- I will find accountability in someone else this week to remain focused on Jesus.
- Share with someone what God is teaching you this week and what you plan to do about it.
- Read Ephesians 2:1-3. Why is it beneficial for a believer to look back at our past before Christ?
- Why is it significant that Hebrews 2:5-9 quoted Psalm 8? What does this teach us about the Old Testament?
- Share with the family an example of a role model in your life and why you chose them.
- Read 1 John 2:6 and discuss how Jesus is a role model for us to follow.
- Read Hebrews 2:11. Jesus calls us His brother. Why is our faith family so vital?