March 14, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Founding Father
For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.
Jesus blazed a trail that we should follow
II. Family Ties
For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers
He prepared the way for us, we must prepare the way for Him!
III. Full Submission
saying, “I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise.” And again, “I will put my trust in him.” And again, “Behold, I and the children God has given me.”
Jesus set the example that we must follow
1 John 2:6
Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
- I confess Jesus as my Savior and Sovereign King today for the first time.
- I commit to follow His example in how I love and serve others.
- I choose to become a part of this faith family. Sign me up for the membership class.
- What is one big idea you learned today?
- What is a word you heard or a thought you’d like to study more?
- How is a Christian like an orphan when they are not connected to the church? What does this say about church membership?
- Read Hebrews 2:10-13 and discuss how Jesus demonstrated submission to God in His death.
- Describe what sanctification has looked like in your life. How have you grown in Christ through suffering?
- How would our life be different if Jesus didn’t come to earth and die for our sin?
- Read 1 John 3:8. What does this tell us about Jesus’ victory over the Enemy?
- Why do we still struggle with sinful habits if Jesus has already defeated the Devil?