March 28, 2021
Pastor Frank Bowden
A wake up call to all Christians
1 Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession,
1. Jesus is better than Moses in his position
2 who was faithful to him who appointed him, just as Moses also was faithful in all God’s house. 3 For Jesus has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses—as much more glory as the builder of a house has more honor than the house itself. 4 (For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.)
2. Jesus is better than Moses in his person
5 Now Moses was faithful in all God’s house as a servant, to testify to the things that were to be spoken later, 6 but Christ is faithful over God’s house as a son. And we are his house, if indeed we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope.
In Jesus We Have a Sure Confidence and a Forever Hope
- Today I put my hope and trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
- I feel like my faith is being tested. Pray for me to hold fast in my walk with Jesus.
- I commit to share the Hope of Christ with someone I meet this week.
- Hebrews 3:1 describes Jesus as “the apostle.” Apostle means “sent out one.” How was Jesus an apostle? What was He sent out to do?
- Hebrews 3:3 says that Jesus has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses. How can one person have more glory than another?
- How does someone who is a believer in a country hostile to Christianity “hold fast” (v.6)? How do you hold fast when your confidence is being tested?
- Share some life experiences you will never forget and why that is important?
- Read Mark 16:1-8. What keywords are significant in this account of Jesus’ resurrection?
- Discuss why our remembrance of Jesus’ resurrection matters to the life of a Christian.