June 5, 2022
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Walking in Favor
The Lord said to Moses, “Yet one plague more I will bring upon Pharaoh and upon Egypt. Afterward he will let you go from here. When he lets you go, he will drive you away completely. Speak now in the hearing of the people, that they ask every man of his neighbor and every woman of her neighbor, for silver and gold jewelry.” And the Lord gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover, the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh’s servants and in the sight of the people.
God saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy.
2 Corinthians 9:8
God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. You are meant to be a force for good for the rest of your life and in every area of your life
II. Firsthand Involvement
So Moses said, “Thus says the Lord: ‘About midnight I will go out in the midst of Egypt, and every firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sits on his throne, even to the firstborn of the slave girl who is behind the handmill, and all the firstborn of the cattle.There shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there has never been, nor ever will be again. But not a dog shall growl against any of the people of Israel, either man or beast, that you may know that the Lord makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel.’ And all these your servants shall come down to me and bow down to me, saying, ‘Get out, you and all the people who follow you.’ And after that I will go out.” And he went out from Pharaoh in hot anger.
We must be faithful to speak the truth in love
III. First Things First
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Pharaoh will not listen to you, that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt.” Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh, and the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart, and he did not let the people of Israel go out of his land.
The Father knows what we need and we must trust His plan
- I repent of my sin and confess Jesus as King for the first time.
- I commit to telling the story of Jesus no matter the rejection I risk.
- I choose to serve as a force for good as I walk in His favor.
- Read Titus 3:5 and discuss the mercy of God that has been demonstrated to you.
- In Exodus 11, Moses left in anger because of Pharaoh’s rejection. How do you react when others reject your attempts to share Jesus?
- How can we remain faithful to speak the truth in love, even when we are rejected?
- Share your favorite holiday dish and holiday family tradition.
- Why was it important for the Israelites to honor the Passover for generations? Read Exodus 12:14-15.
- Was it significant that blood was a symbol of deliverance for the Exodus?