May 23, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. He Is Exalted
5 So also Christ did not exalt himself to be made a high priest, but was appointed by him who said to him, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”; 6 as he says also in another place, “You are a priest forever, after the order of Melchizedek.”
II. Lord, I Need You
7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.
III. Run to the Father
8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. 9 And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, 10 being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.
The pursuit of our unique Savior will echo one of a kind faith.
- I repent of my sin and confess Jesus as my Savior and King.
- I commit to exercise discipline in prayer this week.
- I choose to have a joyful attitude in my suffering to watch God work.
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 and discuss what it means to “pray continually”.
- How can we learn obedience by a proper response to suffering?
- What role does prayer play in our walk with Jesus?
- Share with others what your Bible reading habits look like and how you would like them to change.
- What is your favorite Bible verse? Read it out loud to others and explain.
- Read 1 Peter 2:2 and discuss what it means to crave God’s Word.