May 9, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Behind the Curtain
Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.
Even When You Can’t See Him He Is Working
II. Jesus Engages with You Daily
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
1 Peter 2:22
He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth.
Jesus Relates With You As He Draws You Into Deeper Relationship
III. Run to the Altar
Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need
- Today I trust Jesus with my life and submit to Him as my Savior and King.
- Today I trust Him working in my life even though I can’t see it.
- This week I commit to boldly approach His throne daily in prayer and reading.
- How is God unique in His mercy and grace as compared to other views and religions?
- Why does His grace and mercy differentiate Him? Read Ephesians 2:4
- Read Hebrews 4:14-16. What difference does it make that we can confidently access God?
- How does viewing Jesus as our High Priest help us better understand Him?
- Read Matthew 8:17. What does it mean that Jesus took our weakness?
- Is Jesus underqualified or overqualified to serve as our Priest? Why?