April 25, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Believe It or Not
Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience,
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.
II. Before the Sun Goes Down
again he appoints a certain day, “Today,” saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.”
Yesterday’s rejection can be today’s rejoicing
III. Be at Peace with God
For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.
Soul rest consists of three things:
1. Peace with God
2. Satisfaction and acceptance in God
3. Means of communion with God
- Today is my day of salvation and I confess Jesus as my Savior and King!
- Today is the day of hope and I commit to sharing Jesus with ________________ today.
- Today is the day of freedom and I choose to walk in the peace He has provided.
- How are Sabbath day rest and the rest described in Hebrews 4:6-10 the same, yet different?
- If today is the day of salvation for those who once rejected, what does this reveal about God?
- Read Hebrews 10:19-25 and discuss the assurance we have in Jesus for peace and quiet.
- What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
- Why is it important to study the Bible regularly?
- Read 1 Corinthians 4:5 and discuss what we learn about the character of God