May 2, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Run Through the Finish
Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.
II. Rely on What God Has Spoken
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
1. The Living Word
2. The Piercing Word
3. The Discerning Word
The word of God is an anchor for peace and quiet in a storm
III. Rest in Submission
And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
We can rest in knowing that in our worst we are worth it
- Today I confess God as my King and repent of my sin.
- Today I commit to rest in God’s Word by exercising discipline to study.
- Today I choose to run with urgency and share Jesus with others.
- What does your routine of Bible reading look like, and how would you like it to improve?
- Read Romans 8:27 and discuss what it tells us of God?
- How do you feel knowing that God loves you even when you fail?
- How does our mom work and serve us even when we can’t see it? How should we thank her?
- Read Matthew 4:1-11 and discuss what we can learn from Jesus’ response to temptation.
- How does our God work and lead us even when we can’t see it? How should we thank Him?