March 20, 2022
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Centerpiece of Scripture
II. Coming to be with Us
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.”
“Faith in the Christ will lead us to an understanding of the Jesus of history.”
– Millard Erickson
A. Fully Man
For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily
B. Virgin Born
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
1 Corinthians 15:20-22
But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.
Jesus is the centerpiece of history and should be the center of your life
III. Continues in His Glorified Body
“See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have”
A. As our Mediator
1 Timothy 2:5-6
For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.
B. As our High Priest
C. As our Mighty Warrior
Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
- I confess Jesus as my Savior and King for the first time
- I commit to make Jesus the center of my life by acknowledging Him in all things.
- I choose to tell others the story of Jesus this week as I love my neighbor.
- Read Colossians 2:9. Why is it significant that Jesus took on human flesh?
- Read 1 Timothy 2:5-6. Is Jesus still a human while in heaven?
- Why do we struggle for Jesus to be the center of our life? How can we overcome this?
- Read John 3:16-17. How do we see Christ at work?
- How do you see Christ work in your life lately?