June 28, 2020
Pastor Frank Bowden
Our motivation to pray is not to get something from God, but is to get more of God.
Give us this day our daily bread
1. Give us
2. This day
3. Our daily bread
- I have been too dependent on myself. Pray that I will learn to trust God daily this week.
- Because everything I have is a gift from God, I will look for ways to be generous to others this week.
- Today, I put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ as my Savior.
- Are you more likely to pray, “me” or “us?” How does praying “we, our, us” keep our prayers from being selfish?
- Read Matthew 6:25-34. How does this passage challenge your desire to be “self-reliant” for your wants and needs?
- Because Matthew 6:11 has a communal component, what are some practical ways you could practice generosity with the resources God has given you?
- Financial debt is a burden. Discuss as a family why this is dangerous and impacts the family.
- Discuss how our sin is also a debt to God and read Matthew 6:12 to see Jesus’ thoughts.
- If we have been forgiven, why is it important to offer forgiveness to others?