August 15, 2021
Pastor Ricky Smith
I. Remember The Exchange
But recall the former days when, after you were enlightened,
II. Rally With Purpose
…you endured a hard struggle with sufferings, sometimes being publicly exposed to reproach and affliction, and sometimes being partners with those so treated. For you had compassion on those in prison, and you joyfully accepted the plundering of your property, since you knew that you yourselves had a better possession and an abiding one.
PARTNERING WITH PURPOSE CALLS US TO WALK THROUGH PAIN TOGETHER
III. Reject Passivity
Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. For, “Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.
YOUR FAITH STORY CAN POINT OTHERS TO JESUS
- I confess and repent of my sin and trust my life to King Jesus for the first time.
- I commit to participate in this faith family in LifeGroup, service, and ministry.
- I reject the temptation to quit and will strive to be like Jesus this week.
- Share with one another how and when your walk with Jesus began.
- Read 1 Corinthians 4:8-13 and discuss how our “wealth” is found in Christ and not in our possession.
- How do our church family relationships positively impact our daily life?
- Share about someone in your life that has been a positive example of faith in God.
- How can we be a light to others every day to encourage them to continue following God?
- Read Hebrews 12:1-3 and discuss why witnesses of faith are important to motivate us to keep the faith.