October 11, 2020
Pastor Ricky Smith
1. Pattern Your Life Out of Expectation
1 Peter 1:13-16
Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
Build A Pattern Of Life Set Apart For A Purpose Greater Than You
2. Purchased by His Blood
1 Peter 1:17-21
And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one’s deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot’. He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
What Difference Does His Blood Make?
A. Our Consciences Are Cleansed
How much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.
B. We Gain Bold Access to God in Worship and Prayer
Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus,
C. Cleansed From More and More Sin
1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
D. Rescued Out of a Sinful Way of Life
1 Peter 1:19
but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot’.
Knowing Who Saved You Should Shape How You Serve
3. Let Love Resound
1 Peter 1:22-25
Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God; for “All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord remains forever.” And this word is the good news that was preached to you.
The Living Word In You Should Create Loving Impact Around You
- I confess Jesus as my Savior and give Him control of my life.
- I commit to love others like Jesus loved me.
- I choose to celebrate my salvation by sharing it with others.
- Read 1 Peter 1:13-15 and reflect on the character of God. Why should we try to be like Him?
- How does sin and our past hinder us from being who God wants us to be?
- Share examples of how you can demonstrate love to those who may be called your enemy.
- Parents, share with your kids how you fell in love as a couple.
- Share with each other how you fell in love with Jesus and when you put your trust in Him.
- How can we continue to grow in our love relationship with God and how can our actions impact that?