August 30, 2020
Pastor Ricky Smith
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied
I. Filled To The Brim
“If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”
– C. S. Lewis
God fills the hungry soul with—
II. Can’t Get Enough
Craving morality will leave you empty.
Craving the maker will lead you to fullness.
1. Crave What Is Healthy
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
2. Follow One Leader
No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
3. Undivided Loyalty
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
III. Be Home For Dinner
Crave to Be Like God As He Consumes All of Me
- I put my trust in Jesus as the King of my Life for the first time.
- I crave community and desire to be a part of this faith family.
- I confess of putting things ahead of Christ and commit to focus on Him.
- Life is empty without Christ. Share how Jesus has filled your life?
- Read 1 Corinthians 1:30 and discuss what it means to be “in Christ”.
- Read Psalm 143:6 and discuss why our world is parched, and how we can share hope?
- Share as a family your favorite snacks and how craving them compares to our walk with Jesus.
- Read Psalm 42:1-2 and discuss how an animal’s need for water describes our faith.
- Read Matthew 6;19-21 and discuss things in life we can crave other than God.