September 20, 2020
Pastor Alan Smith
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
I. Peaceful Easy Feeling?
A. Peace is synonymous with God Himself.
B. Peace is synonymous with the Gospel.
Rather Than Search For A Peaceful Feeling, Strive For A Mission For Peace
II. Power of Peace
The Presence of Peace Points Others to Jesus
1. Loves peace by loving my enemies
2. Makes peace beyond our borders of comfort and friends
It’s My Responsibility To Take The First Step To Make Peace
Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother.
Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
3. Strives to make peace with their past
III. Proud to be called son
1. Listen well
2. Hold fast to truth
3. Love well even when we disagree
- I desire to put my trust in Jesus and experience soul level peace.
- I confess of stirring up strife rather than striving for peace.
- I choose to listen well and love well this week even when I disagree.
- What does Romans 16:20 and Romans 15:33 tell us about the nature of God as it relates to peace?
- Read Hebrews 12:14. How should our vertical relationship with Jesus impact our horizontal relationship with others?
- Share some situations where you find it hard to discover peace. Why do you think this is the case?
- Observe as a family how much brighter a candle is if you place a mirror behind it. Discuss how this illustrates our call to reflect Jesus to others.
- Read Matthew 5:14-16. Share examples of how we “put our light under a basket”.
- How can we pray for and encourage those who are persecuted for their faith in Christ?