August 23, 2020
Pastor Ricky Smith
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Meekness toward God:
1. Submission to His will
2. Bending to His Word
If you mention Jesus in your profile, make sure that you demonstrate Jesus in your post.
Meekness toward men:
1. Carrying the weight of other’s pain
2. Forgiving those who have caused pain
3. Repaying evil with good.
In me, nothing; in God, everything
- I confess of not exercising meekness and choose to walk in humility.
- I put my trust in Jesus as my King for the first time.
- I choose to find my identity completely in Christ and live in confidence.
- Meekness implies a submission to God’s will. What does this look like in your everyday life?
- Can a person truly be meek if they have not put their trust in Christ?
- Meekness toward men implies forgiveness of wrong. How does this apply to the problems we face in culture today?
- Share as a family your favorite snacks and how craving them compares to our walk with Jesus.
- Read Psalm 42:1-2 and discuss how an animal’s need for water describes our faith.
- Read Matthew 6;19-21 and discuss things in life we can crave other than God.