As we step into a new year, we do so with expectation for God to continue leading His church into what He has planned for us. To provide some direction and scope, here are some goals that your pastors have been planning for 2020 and even beyond for you to review:
1. Elevate the Word of God
God’s Word is our final authority and His love letter given to us. We aim to elevate the Word of God more than ever in our personal lives and our homes. Insomuch, our goals for this year are as follows:
- Teach individuals how to study God’s Word.
- Challenge every family to read God’s Word together every day.
- Develop leaders to add at least five new LifeGroups.
- Provide weekly resources for in-depth personal study outside the Sunday sermon.
2. Express the love of God in our community
We desire to fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandment by reaching and serving the Chattahoochee Valley. Insomuch, our goals for this year are as follows:
- Intentionally serve our community through quarterly church-wide mission projects.
- Create a position on staff for Missions and Ministry Pastor to educate and mobilize our fellowship.
- Further develop our capacity to serve as part of the Georgia Baptist Disaster Relief team.
- Equip every member to tell their faith story as part of an emphasis on personal evangelism.
3. Emphasize reaching the next generation
We must be intentional in reaching the first-ever post-Christian generation in America and equip them to make disciples. Insomuch, our goals for this year are as follows:
- Intentionally shift our calendar for Kids Jam/Hub Boot Camp to better engage them in weekly activities.
- Open our new Hub facility after completing remodeling.
- Ensure every child and teen has their own Bible.
- Increase our presence on local school campuses.
- Integrate online safety training into our existing child protection policies.
- Begin a structured intern program to develop the next generation of church leadership.
4. Exercise unity in our church
When we individually follow the leadership of Christ, He will lead us all in unity to the same place. We desire to walk in unity and foster a community of healthy fellowship. Insomuch, our goals for this year are as follows:
- Adopt a revised church constitution that guides us toward transparency and unity.
- Reorganize existing staff to better align with our vision and values.
- Serve our church families by adding a part-time staff member for Pastoral care.
- Foster fellowship through events and retreats.
- Remain faithful in prayer every day at 8:30 a.m.
5. Explore long-term ministry opportunities.
While we follow Christ in 2020, we must also look beyond to develop plans for the future. Insomuch, our goals for this year are as follows:
- Begin a Long-Range Strategic plan process to produce a 5-year and 20-year plan.
- Research options for the future interior design of kids and nursery space to create a more conducive environment.
- Research opportunities to develop a church special needs ministry
- Research cost and ideas for worship center stage redesign, welcome center redesign, and A/V upgrades to position us to better serve families and facilitate worship.
6. Expand our Acts 1:8 missions offering emphasis
Beyond our general tithes and offerings, we are setting a lofty challenge for our Acts 1:8 missions offering in 2020 to emphasize local and global missions more than ever. What if we could live out kingdom generosity and facilitate missions and ministry like never before? All donations to Acts 1:8 missions offering will be distributed by following our policies regarding designated gifts. Insomuch, our goals for this year are as follows:
- Strengthen existing strategic partnerships.
- Participate in Mission Georgia to promote foster care and adoption, eliminate sex trafficking, and reduce illiteracy in Georgia.
- Begin ministry partnership with New City Church in Long Island City New York through regular financial support and mission trip participation.
- Support the Townsend family as commissioned missionaries of our church by providing resources for their family health insurance.
- Financially support active community organizations that reach the next generation, such as Young Life, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and Teen Advisors.